Connect with Us
We love to talk!
Ucluelet Chamber of Commerce is looking for a Market Manager to run Commongroundmarket.ca.
Work Hours: 35hr/week, 52 week contract
Start Date: May 3rd or 10th, 2021
Location: Ucluelet or surrounding coastal communities (potential to work from home or at the office, but must live on the coast)
Application Deadline: April 26th 2021
The Market Manager will manage the daily operations of Common Ground Market, helping establish vendors, market the site and develop the next stage of the project (which includes workshop/training offerings, service provider category & expand vendor reach to all of Alberni Clayoquot Regional District). They will also work on developing business and marketing strategy for the future of the program.
Common Ground Market, a Ucluelet Chamber of Commerce initiative, is a multi-vendor online marketplace with a mission to support emerging and established makers of the coast by helping make their work readily available across Canada. Since e commerce can be daunting, Common Ground Market is meant to support artisans, non-profits and small businesses of the coast access an online platform with one-on-one support and guidance.
Reporting to the Executive Director of the Ucluelet Chamber of Commerce, the Market
Manager’s primary responsibilities are:
– Daily operations of the market
– Vendor support for shop setup and maintenance
– Vendor outreach
– Collaborate with multiple communities to identify, establish and maintain partnerships
– Primary liaison with web developers
– Work with Executive Director to Launch Phase 2 of Common Ground Market
(workshop/training offerings, service provider category & expand vendor reach to all of
Alberni Clayoquot Regional District)
– Manage social media pages, including Facebook and Instagram
– Develop and execute a strategic approach to increasing the awareness, reach and use
of Common Ground Market through marketing, communications and outreach
– Gather market insights through Google Analytics and other pathways to inform
marketing and communications activities.
– Grant writing, reports and development of revenue streams based on goals and
Market Manager Qualifications / Skills:
• Hold a university degree in marketing/communications, and/or 3+ years of experience
in a coordinator role, with a marketing background
• Working knowledge of Word Press
• Experience managing or working with multiple service providers simultaneously
• Experience managing social media for a business
• Experience working in small, remote communities
• Understand, communicate with, and effectively interact with people across cultures
• Fluent in English, spoken and written
• Take initiative and can work independently
• Willing to take on any task as assigned by the Executive Director
• Creative problem-solver, enthusiastic and collaborative
The Ucluelet Chamber of Commerce is a growing organization whose mission is to promote
trade interest and community welfare. We constantly strive to meet the needs of the business
community and foster a prosperous and healthy local economy. We’re looking for someone
who is excited to join our small team and help us grow. This position will allow the right person
to support many makers and businesses of the coast, while using their initiative and creativity
to challenge themselves.
If you feel you have the qualifications and would be an asset to our team, please send your
resume and cover letter to Laurie Filgiano at firstname.lastname@example.org by April 26,
If you require further information about Common Ground Market, please contact us:
The Ucluelet Chamber of Commerce is a non-partisan business organization that exists to meet the needs of the business community and foster a prosperous and healthy local economy.